2020 has been a very interesting year so far. From the untimely death of Kobe Bryant to the presidential election. It seems like every week its something new and most of it has not been good news. Now we are dealing with the Coronavirus. I have been looking almost nonstop at the news and twitter to see the updates of where the virus is spreading. I have noticed a lot of things that are all over the place so I wanted to clear things up.
Yesterday I was on the phone with my mom and she works for the County Of Los Angeles and she was telling me what is actually happening so I wanted to share some myths and facts of COVID19
- Coronavirus cannot be transmitted through mosquito bites
- Hand dryers are not effective for killing coronavirus
- Face masks protect you from the virus (face masks should only be worn by people that have the virus)
- Kids can’t catch the virus
- If you get the virus you will know. Not necessarily infected people might not show any symptoms at all
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Anyone can get the virus no matter of race and ethnicity
- Older people and people that have heart disease, diabetes, lung disease are at a higher risk
- Warning signs for the virus are the difficulty of breathing or shortness of breath, pressure in the chest
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure
I know this is a scary time for the world. If we take social distancing seriously I really hope you are taking it seriously. We can get through this. I knew it was really real when Disneyland shut down.
So stay safe, wash your hands and stay home as much as possible.
For more information please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html